Get all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding plans, construction and more.
The School’s vision for its campus is to create a contemporary state-of-the-art environment to further optimise a learning experience for all students and staff that is in harmony with its local alpine environment and respects the heritage of its historic site, formerly part of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority.
The impressive design is intuitive, considered and forward-thinking, and it will perfectly complement the School’s focus on ‘people and learning programs’.
The MP has multiple stages occurring over an extended period of time which is dependent on several variables that influence the specific timing of the stages. These variables include funding, enrolments and key educational strategy, to name a few areas of consideration.
Our aim is to commence Stage 1 and 2 of development as soon as possible, subject to statutory approvals and acceptance of funding applications.
Development Applications have been submitted for the first two stages of the MP:
Stage 1 – New Learning Hub:
Subject to approvals, construction is scheduled for completion by the end of 2022, ready for Term 1, 2023.
Stage 2 – The Sports Precinct:
Subject to approvals, completion of the multi-purpose courts is planned to enable use prior to the end of Semester 1, 2022. The oval area will take a little longer, to allow the turf to get established, and will likely be available in Term 4, 2022 but not later than Term 1, 2023.
The New Learning Hub will house the following facilities:
- Classrooms with dividable and writable walls equipped with the latest technology;
- Diverse flexible learning areas to allow cross-curricular collaboration on projects;
- Science laboratories;
- A digital technology and robotics room;
- Art room and display gallery;
- A design and technology workshop including welding bay, 3D printing, laser cutter, CAD design space;
- A dedicated audio-visual viewing space;
- Teacher-student conference rooms;
- Study spaces;
- A heat-and-eat area for student use;
- Amenities for boys, girls and staff;
- Storage for subject materials and for HSC student major works;
- A covered outdoor classroom space, with the outdoor areas also able to be utilised for socialising at break times;
- A new uniform shop for the convenience of all; and
- Student lockers.
This area will provide access to the following facilities:
- More green space;
- A sports oval;
- Two high-quality multi-purpose outdoor courts catering to basketball, netball and volleyball;
- Cricket nets;
- Basketball, netball and volleyball courts;
- A shade structure for court sports spectators;
- Green spaces that are fully fenced for safety reasons; and
- Additional parking areas adjoining the courts.
Our vision for our Junior School is to have a single class for each year level from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our Middle and Senior School vision is to have two classes in each year level from Year 7 to Year 12. We have actually achieved this several years ahead of schedule in 2021. However, some year levels have enrolment vacancies within these classes currently. There are no plans at this time to increase beyond this class number structure in the foreseeable future.
All information about our Master Plan is located on the following website:
https://future.smgs.nsw.edu.au/ or by submitting the feedback form on this website.